Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Glass Half Full

Over the past couple of weeks, a few things happened or will be happening to me:

1) I'm separating from all the friends I've made for the past four years and leaving the lovely little nest of UCLA which I have called home for the last four years and moving back home to a life of curfews, weight watching and not coming home drunk every other week.
2) A relationship that I thought had a shot of working out ended.
3) I will be getting my wisdom teeth pulled.
4) I'm facing temporary unemployment.

But you know what, life is all about perspectives so let's think of it this way...

1) I'm moving back home to hopefully establish a healthier and closer relationship with my parents whom I've drifted apart from over the years. I won't have to cook for myself or pay for rent and I get my own room!
2) I now have the freedom and time and space to find someone that will be a better fit for me. I learned, I grew and I once again realize all the wonderful support I have.
3) I get to lie in bed eating ice cream and watching movies all day as visitors shower me with gifts and flowers.
4) I have the room to expand on my hobbies and figure out what I really want to do and take that time to search for a job and try my darned tootin' hardest to convince employers why I am the perfect fit for them.

So yea, life is good. And optimism is even better.

EDIT: I got a "C"! I have never been so happy being so average. NOW I have OFFICIALLY graduated from college!!!!!!

3 comments:

helen said...

that's the way to go, m'dear! you're amazing and i know everything will work out better than you ever planned! it always does 'cause God works all things out for good (rom 8:28). enjoy this transition period. and you know i'm here!!! always!!!!

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." -james 1:2-5

kelvinkao said...

I got a case of severe senioritis in my last quarter and got a D. I wasn't sure if that was a pass or not (hence, graduated or not), so it was quite a relief when I picked up my diploma. It was a "Mwahahaha, can't take this from me now!" moment.

justwangit said...

your "EDIT" section...... i think i just experienced the same exact thing 30 minutes ago.

me: OMG my grade finally came out! i'm SOO happy right now!
mom: WHAT?! 3.8 GPA?!
me: HAHAHAHAHAHHA. no silly mother, i graduated!